Learning Contract

Studio

Student: Samuel van der Swaagh                                                                                                                                                               Projected Completion Date: June 3rd

Graduate Coordinator: Rejitha Nair

Peer Mentors: Josephine

Objective

(What am I going to learn?)

Strategies

(How am I going to learn it)

Time Frame

(When will I finish?)

Evidence

(How will I know I have learned?)

Evaluation

(How will my work exemplify the grade I anticipate?)

Through reflecting on previous work and current work in City Seminar, I will work to develop a better understanding of my own academic challenges, strengths and style in order to practice the techniques and dispositions helpful to academic study. From these reflective and constructive activities (ways of understanding my own learning and academic aims) I will work to create my own style guide full of the techniques, ideas and strategies I have developed and practiced.

Through consistent attendance I will work to complete the activities listed on the Studio syllabus. These activities are designed to help me practice academic skills and dispositions as well as to help me better understand myself as a student. I will practice academic techniques such as annotation, reflection, synthesis, revision, narrative through the use of multi-media and document my progress and ideas in my e-portfolio.

During each Studio session I will work on the activities in my e-portfolio (or on paper) with my grads peer mentors and peers. At the end of each session I will upload, save and publish (if ready) my work. My completed and curated City Seminar Studio portfolio will be due at the end of the semester. I will have a mid-term check-in with my grad get feedback on how my work is progressing. 

At the minimum I agree that my e-portfolio will contain:

Annotated reflection letters, Annotated “best” works, Annotated synthesis essay, Research project draft/revisions and resources, Presentation strategy, Exquisite Corpse: building our collective capital, my Study Style guide.

I agree that I may add other evidence that I decide is important to my own academic and personal practice.

Complete work on time

I will show growth in my work after receive peer review or instruction

Display a great understanding of self ability, and the presented techniques to aid student growth. And to develop a strong skill for meta-cognition

I think could also seek find ways to upload my work in cless rather than at home, where I ussualy forget about work.

Also, I believe that an A would look more liker deeper and reflective work.

Anticipated grade: A+

The signatures below  approval of the contract:

Student: Samuel van der Swaagh

Graduate Coordinator: Rejitha Nair

Learning Contract.docx.doc