After their weeklong residency with the artists, the students were asked to complete a four-question survey and were given an opportunity to directly comment to the artist his/herself.

The prompt read: Please use this space to provide direct feedback to your artist. Your responses will be shared with them.

Vandana's students replied:

• Vandana Jain, The week you spent in my class made me much more interested in art and photography, painting, all of it. The way you create your art, the glass work you did especially--that was really cool. It was a pleasure being able to work with you, I look forward to seeing more of your work!
  • i liked the time we had in class
  • I would love to see you again. and learn more from you as an artist.
  • I wish we went o some art studios to see what you made in person, it would have been cool to watch you make an art piece; the process you go through to make it.
  • Your artwork was amazing and it plays with logos. It brings to my attention how logos are also artwork that I have never really noticed or thought about as a piece of art
  • Thanks for your time with us. I have a positive feeling of trying designs now after a week with you.
  • I really enjoyed the artist's visit to our class. I hope that she comes back to our class. Besides the fact that what she does is cool, she was very nice.
  • Thank you for the experience it was great!! Im glad you visited!
  • i enjoyed the precence of having someone who majors in art. It makes me want to make a better piece of art work. She was very helpful and nice. Having her around made the environment more enjoyable
  • I appreciate art a little more because of you.
  • I want to thank her for coming and teaching us her style of art because now I could find other ways to make art just like her idea's
  • The artist is unique
  • You were a great teacher and are a great artist.
  • Thanks a lot for coming to our class and sharing your experience with us.